On occasion, studies are added to IRBManager that are later found to be duplicated or may be deemed to not be research. In these cases, the IRB administrator may need to delete the study from within IRBManager. The following document provides the steps required to delete first the study-site and then the study from IRBManager. The process is not simple, but for good reason- we wouldn’t want our clients to accidentally delete a study.
Remove the Study-Site
- Click <Administration> in the top navigation bar.
- Click on Remove Study Sites link to access the “Find Study-Site to Delete” page.
- Use the “Find Study-Site” functionality to search for studies you need to remove.
- Once the “Select Study-Site to Delete” page appears, look at the column titled “Dependencies”. This lets you know the items that must be deleted from the study-site before it can be deleted. You will need to click on the blue link with the appropriate study number to complete these actions. After doing so, return to the “Select Study-Site to Delete” page by using the back arrow in the top left corner of your browser window.
- Once dependencies are removed, you will see a red X next to the study-site under the “Action” column. Click the red X to remove the study-site.
- Click the Delete button on the next page.
Delete the Study
- After the study-site has been deleted, you will need to click on <Administration> in the top navigation bar.
- Click the Studies Without Sites You will see a list of all studies without sites.
- Click the red X to the left of the study you want to delete.
- Click the Delete Study button on the next page.
Deleted studies are not permanently gone. If you need to restore a study that has been deleted, email firstname.lastname@example.org .