Global attachments are documents stored within IRBManager and not tied to any specific study, study-site contact, event, or meeting. This is a great place to store documents that you want to link to from Messages, Useful Links, or Dashboard Notices, or include in xForms. Items such as Standard Operating Principles, meeting calendars, miscellaneous forms, and basic procedures could be stored here.
Uploading a Document
- Click on <Administration> within the top navigation bar.
- Click Global Attachments.
- Click Add Attachment on the left side of the page under Actions.
- Type a Name in the appropriate text box and select a Type from the drop-down list.
- Click on the Select button and find the document you wish to upload. You can also drag-and-drop the file into the box.
- Optional: Select the checkbox for “Internal Only” if the document is only for IRB Members, Staff, and Administration.
- Optional: If you would like someone to access the document who does not have an IRBManager account or you want to provide access without forcing them to login (such as a link sent via email), then select the checkbox for “Allow Anonymous”.
- Click the Attach button.
Accessing a Link to the Document
Once you have uploaded the document, you will find that the document shows up on the main Global Attachments screen. If you need to provide a link to a global document within an email, form, or anywhere else, right-click on the name of the document and click Copy link address. You can then use this address anywhere (although the user must have access to IRBManager to open the link unless “Allow Anonymous” was checked).
Hyperlinking to the Attachment within a Form Question
- Select the word you wish to use as a hyperlink.
- Click the Hyperlink icon () in the question toolbar.
- Enter the global document (or any other link) into the URL text box.
- Optional: If you would like the link to open in a new tab click the drop-down for “Target” and select “New Window”. If you do not do this then the link will open in the same tab and replace the page the user was already on.
- Click the OK button.