Sometimes the research office staff would like to have the ability to edit within previous stages of the form to make some small corrections so that the form can be processed correctly. The following two-step process can help you modify a form to allow this to happen.
- Identify the stage in the form that the user would like to be able to edit.
a. Click on <Administration> in the top navigation bar. b. Click xForms. c. Click the stages icon () for the form you wish to edit. d. Click on the edit icon () beside the stage that you wish to edit. e. Select the By Later Stages checkbox in the “Allow Updates” section. f. Click the Update button at the bottom of the page.
- Identify the stage in the form that the user will be in when they wish to make the edits.
a. Click on the edit icon () beside the stage that you wish to edit. b. Select the Of Previous Stages checkbox in the “Allow Updates” section. c. Click the Update button at the bottom of the page.
- Verify that the edit entry icon () can be viewed in the portion of the form that the user wants to edit from the stage they are in.
But, it didn’t work!
If you were unable to see the edit entry icon (), check for the following:
- Were you modifying the correct stages- both the one you want to be editing (Step 1) and the stage from which you need to do the editing (Step 2)?
- Were you modifying the correct form?
- Were you modifying the correct version of the form? The version date can be found at the top of the form being processed IF it is not the most current version (i.e. it will state “This instance is based on a non-current definition of the xForm. This is Version DD/MM/YY”). If you do need to edit an older version of a form then follow these steps:
- Click <Administration> from the top navigation bar.
- Click the xForms
- From within the “Form List”, click the edit icon () next to the form that needs to be changed.
- Click the Version History link on the left side of the page.
- Find the version in the “Form History” list with the matching “Published” date and click the stages icon ().
- Complete steps 1 and 2 above.