Sometimes you will have a panicked research coordinator call to ask you to send a form back to them before the Principal investigator attempts to sign off because they realize they made an error. In other cases, a reviewer suggests that you send a form back to the PI/ Coordinator because there are substantial revisions required before it can be reviewed by the full board. There are many reasons why you may wish to reject a form back to the submitter (or any other stage) without having to complete any questions or signatures. The following steps are required to temporarily provide a reject button where you typically wouldn’t have one.
- Determine the name of the form that needs to be rejected and the stage that the form is currently in.
Note: If the form has been completed, you just need to open the form, scroll to the bottom, click the Re-Open Completed xForm button, provide the reason for re-opening the form in the pop-up window, select the appropriate stage to reject the form to from the drop-down, and click the Reject button. If the form is in error, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Click on <Administration> in the navigation bar at top of the page.
- Click the xForms link at the bottom of the page.
- From the Form List section, click on the Stages icon () next to the type of form that needs to be rejected.
- From the Form Stages page, click on the Edit icon () next to the stage the form is currently in.
- Change both “Approvals Required” and “Enable Reject” to “Yes” and click the Update button at the bottom of the page.
- Click on the <Reports> tab in the navigation bar at the top of the page
- Click on Submitted Forms Awaiting Approval within the “xForms” section in the middle of the page.
- Click into the link for the specific form that needs to be rejected. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the Reject Now button, explain why you are rejecting the form in the pop-up window, select the stage it needs to be returned to from the dropdown, and then click the Reject button.
- Last, return back to the stage in the xForm (via <Administration> and the xForms link following steps 2-5 above) and switch the “Approvals Required” and “Enable Reject” back to “No”. Click the Update button.