At some point in time you will find that you have the need to swap from one reviewer to another. Perhaps the original reviewer has a conflict of interest or has left on vacation. No matter the reason, the following instructions will help you reassign the review to another reviewer.
Part I. Changing from one reviewer assigned on an event to another
- Go into the event by clicking on the hand (edit) icon next the name of the event in which the review is taking place.
- Switch the name of the event reviewer from the old reviewer to the new one by clicking on the appropriate dropdown within the event. Usually these are drop-downs are named “Primary Reviewer” or “Secondary Reviewer”.
|For the following steps, you need to know if the event in question is using reviewer functionality. Figuring this out is simple. Click into the event that has the wrong reviewer. Between the “Event” section and the “Emails” section, check to see if there is a “Reviews” section. If there is NOT a “Reviews” section, the event is using not using the reviewer functionality and you should be using Part II A. If there IS a “Reviews” section, the event is using the reviewer functionality and you should be using Part II B.|
Part II A.
Changing from one reviewer assigned on a form to another without using the reviewer functionality
- After you have switched reviewers, click on the xForms (#) link along the left side of the page (the # symbol should be replaced with whatever number of forms are in the event).
- Click on the link for the submission form being reviewed and then click on the ‘Collaborators’ link at the very top of the page (just to the right of your logo).
- Click on the red X to delete the unneeded reviewer.
- Add the new reviewer by typing their email address into the Email space and select the person from the dropdown that will appear. Make their access (from that dropdown) “Edit, manage, and submit”. Provide a note, which will then be sent to the new reviewer within an automated email along with a link to the form.
Part II B.
Changing from one reviewer assigned to an event review to another using the reviewer functionality
- From the Study home page click the edit icon () next the review you want to edit under the “Reviews on Open Events” section. An alternative action would be to click into the event that needs to be changed and click the edit icon () next the review you want to edit under the “Reviews” section.
- Remove the name of the current reviewer and start typing the name of the new reviewer. Select the reviewer when they appear in the drop-down menu.
- Update the “Assigned” and “Due” dates on the right.
- Click the Save and done button. Note that an email notification will automatically be sent out to the new reviewer.
- Optional: If the review has already been completed you will first need to click the Reopen Review link on the left and then click the Reset xForm link on the left.